This is the foundation of your dental care. During your first dental visit, we will perform a comprehensive test. During regular check-up exams, we will:
- Examine diagnostic X-rays to detect decay, tumors, bone loss and cysts.
- Check your face, neck, tongue, throat, lips and gums for any signs of oral cancer
- Examine your tooth surfaces to determine if there’s any tooth decay
- Check your gums and the bone around your teeth for any signs of gum disease (periodontal disease)
- Check your current fillings or crowns to ensure that everything is in good condition